Saskatchewan Social Studies Curriculum - Grade 4 - link
IN4.2 the origins of the cultural diversity in Saskatchewan communities.
- traditional locations of the various First Nations tribes and language groupings prior to European contact
- ways in which First Nations peoples supported the survival of early European newcomers
- challenges faced by First Nations peoples, Métis people and immigrants .
DR4.1 the impact of the land on the lifestyles and settlement of the people in the province
- locations of the First Nations peoples (the Plains)
- geography of the area affects their way of life
DR4.2 The relationship of First Nations and Métis peoples with the land.
- traditional lifestyles of First Nations peoples - hunting, gathering, following sources of food
DR4.3 Implications of the Treaty relationship in Saskatchewan.
- conditions which precipitated Treaty negotiations in Saskatchewan